Sunday, March 09, 2014

What to do on a Sunday morning

I'm not a proactive sort of person. There've been a couple of things in my life of which I've been at least part instigator that I'm proud of but on the whole I'm more the sort that life happens to. When I wrote to the leaders to say I was taking time out from Linden I genuinely meant that. I was going to have a few months away and see how I coped. But it was read as 'you're leaving Linden.' And being me I just went with that.

So this morning I had my first Sunday since speaking to the church when I could have been in Linden but wasn't. I plan to spend the time I free up walking George and meditating/thinking/day-dreaming but today was such a fabulous day that I dragged Husband out with us around the cliffs. He's been working so hard on the house that Younger Son and Nuora bought that I don't see much of him so it seemed right to spend some good time together (before the game this afternoon).



The fact that ice cream was involved was hardly premeditated at all. We just happened to have some money with us and I might just have mentioned the possibility.

And I'm not going to mention that England beat Wales or that we deserved to lose.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't think of anything nicer on a Sunday morning, ice cream included. In fact, I think that would be mandatory...

CherryPie said...

That sounds like a perfect Sunday morning to me :-)

The weather was so nice that I sat outside in my garden this afternoon.

Liz Hinds said...

It was always my intention, robyn.

It was glorious all day and the forecast is good for the week too, cherie.

James Higham said...

Liz, I seem to have misplaced your rugby report on the Twickenham game. My eyesight is fading with age.

Liz Hinds said...

What a shame, James. It was full of superlatives ... or possibly expletives. One or the other.

Bev said...

On ther beach and eating ice cream is the right direcvtion for finding happiness.luv to you.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Glorious sunshine , sea air and ice cream ... just what the doctor ordered !