Tuesday, June 03, 2014

I am officially normal

We have a very fancy weighing scale. I think Husband bought it for me as a birthday present one year. (Regular readers will not be surprised at Husband's thoughtfulness ...) It tells you everything you could possibly want to know except possibly the temperature in Beijing. Normally all we ever do is stand on it and moan at our weight gain but I recently came across the manual - 2" thick so you can tell how complicated it is - and Husband read up about all the settings.

This morning, traditionally our weigh day, we checked everything and I discovered that ... I am normal. No, honestly, the book says I am. Well, for a woman of my age that is.

My BMI is normal, my body fat is normal, my visceral fat (around the organs) is very good and, surprisingly, I have a higher than average percentage of muscle - but I don't know where that's hiding!

So I think I deserve a date flapjack.


11 comments:

Furtheron said...

You sure it doesn't need re-calibrating... ;-)

Joking - I see you often posting about weight and I then see pictures of you and think to myself - "What is she worried about?" To my unprofessional eyes you look a good weight etc.

I used to obsess about my weight - I had a spreadsheet, charts and all such nonsense. I wasn't happy... then I stopped weighing myself... ignorance is bliss as they say... ;-)

Liz Hinds said...

Indeed, Furtheron! And thank you. x

nick said...

You can only be officially normal if you have the Certificate of Normality from the British Institute of Normalcy (BIN). Without that certificate, sorry but your normality is not recognised.

Katney said...

Normal is a setting on the dryer.

Liz Hinds said...

How do I apply, Nick?

Not on mine, Katney ...

Ole Phat Stu said...

Re BMI : My weight is OK, it's just that I'm too short :-(

Liz Hinds said...

That's what Husband says, stu

Liz Hinds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz Hinds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz Hinds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie: said...

and some ice-cream for sure!