Tuesday, October 06, 2015

In which Husband is a STAR!

I'm sure tonsillitis never used to be this bad. Is it because I'm old? Or is this just a particularly virulent and nasty bug? Daughter and GrandSon2 were both very poorly with it. Each time I think I'm feeling better and I could do something useful - I've not done anything at all for the last three and a half days - I start then slump and wallow in self pity. And find myself back on the computer.

Luckily I had an appointment yesterday at the surgery for a 'female procedure' so before it began I asked the doctor to look at my throat. It's always reassuring when the doctor says, 'Ooh, yuck. Pus-y tonsils.'

I was sort of hoping she might say, 'You probably don't feel like having this procedure now, do you?' and send me home but she didn't. Ah well it's done and I didn't faint. And now I have to take two antibiotics four times a day at least one hour before and two hours after food. Slotting them in between the lemsip and gargling with soluble aspirin.

It's really boring hearing about other people's minor illnesses, isn't it? It's a good job I'm not ill often. 

But Husband has been a STAR! 

As well as tending to my every need (i.e. making me dinner and a cup of tea every so often), looking after George and helping with grandchildren he's been kept awake at night by me snorting. And it looks as though completion of the purchase of Uncle's new retirement apartment will happen this week so Husband is having to liaise between solicitors, the hospital, the occupational therapist, the social worker, and the care home as well as investigate electric wheelchairs and removals men.

If he'd let me near him I'd give him a big kiss. 

At least it's taken his mind off England rugby.

3 comments:

nick said...

Husband is a star indeed. I wouldn't know where to start if I had to check out electric wheelchairs, occupational therapists or retirement apartments.

I'll trade you my male complaint for your female complaint, ha ha.

Liz Hinds said...

No, I think I'll stick with mine this time, Nick!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

What A star ..well done Mike.