Tuesday, January 03, 2017

How urgent is urgent?

So my urgent outpatient appointment is so urgent that I'm on the urgent waiting list for an appointment. At least I've been referred now and I'm not in pain. Although I did get twinges yesterday and had to talk myself into not fretting. Will be glad when it's done and dusted though.

And at least I'm not ninety-one and physically weak. Like Uncle who fell while getting back into bed in the middle of the last night and spent two and a half hours on the floor because he didn't want to press his emergency button because he didn't want to bother anyone. I think he's realised how silly he was: his back is giving him hellish pain today. So let's hope if anything like that happens again he'll press for help immediately.

2 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

The urgent waiting list is when you sit in A&E isn't it ?

Liz Hinds said...

Probably - and I don't want to go through that again!