Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Shouldn't have gone in the kitchen today

First of all it was the chocolate brownies. 
I took them out of the oven and stared in horror: they didn't look like any brownies I had ever made.

I went outside to join Husband sitting in the sun. I lay back and two minutes later sat up and slapped my forehead. 'I forgot to put the chocolate and butter in!'
'Where is it then?' Husband asked.
'In the microwave.'

Then it was the slow roast belly pork.
I've tried a few recipes for belly pork but not one has ended as badly as this. The meat - those bits that could be dug out - tasted okay but still. Back to the drawing board I think.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I can no longer cook - not sure why, used to be a great cook. Now, I should be watched carefully when I go into the kitchen ... Just sayin'

Liz Hinds said...

Oh dear ...

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Some days are destined to be Weetabix days .