Tuesday, August 29, 2017

I remembered why!

Lying in bed this morning, struggling to wake up, I remembered what made me start thinking about my first home yesterday.

I haven't been sleeping well - lots of weird dreams - and it's an effort to get up in the morning. The temptation is to stay abed. But I know I'll feel even worse if I do because that'll just make me feel guilty.

I didn't have those concerns when I was a teenager or even in my twenties. When Husband and I were dating, on a Saturday morning Husband would do his weekly shop at Tesco's, take the food home and put it away, and then drive across Swansea to see me. 

cream sponge
If he were lucky I would be up and dressed; more often I'd still be in bed. It would only be the thought of the cream cake I knew he would bring with him that roused me.

I think that weekly ritual revolving around food set the tone for our relationship and our marriage. I knew he was the man for me.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

What we women will do for a creme cake!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

-chuckle- Good a reason, as any. ,-))))

ole Phat Stu said...

Really? We're Discussings cream pies next?

Liz Hinds said...

Indeed, Sharon.

I think so, Luna.

Why not, Stu? Very valid point for discussion.