Thursday, September 07, 2017

Introducing Mumbles Myths

A number of years ago I had a Good Idea. (I should write a book entitled Liz's Good Ideas That Never Got Anywhere.)

I live in a beautiful part of the country. Gower was the first designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in the UK and is a popular place with tourists. There are various guides around and photo books about Gower but they tend to be quite factual and what I like to read is more personal, an insider's view or story. So my idea was to collaborate with a photographer and come up with such a book.

I spoke to one well-known local photographer and then another. Both expressed interest, especially the second, but neither pursued it eventually. In the meantime I'd got on and written a few bits and pieces to inspire their photographs.

I came across my writing the other day when I was looking for something else so I thought I may as well post it here. I'll subtitle all the different posts Mumbles Myths.

That's another thing about walking on my own: I write blog posts in my head while walking and then splurge them all out. 

2 comments:

Trubits of Life. said...

Take a note book with you, I always have a note book on my bedside table
to write down any flashes of 'brilliance' I may have during my sleeping-
waking hours. Sadly I take my glasses off before I go up to bed and
himself would not be impressed should I wake him from his slumbers to go and retrieve
my glasses.... I do have several pairs of glasses but sadly I can only see out
of the current .....
pair, of the latest, up-market Rodenstock, all dancing, singing, vari-focals, complete with
Swarovski diamond on each arm (frontal)!
I've wandered off the subject, I know, but felt the urge to share.
Where you live has one of the most beautiful beaches in the UK, we have had some lovely
holidays near Oxbridge and Rosilli beach and all along the coastline, I love Wales xxx

Love Di xx

Liz Hinds said...

I should, Di. I usually do have a notebook somewhere but never anything to write with ...