Thursday, September 07, 2017

The happy me post

Walking George in the woods today, just him and me (Husband's condition is deteriorating: he now has swollen glands and a sore throat) I thought, yes, this is happy me. 

Even having to run from tree to tree to shelter from the rain this is where I am most me. the only thing that would make me happier would be to be by the sea.

When people hear that I go into prison they sometimes say, 'Isn't that scary? That would be outside my comfort zone?' Well, actually, most of life is outside my comfort zone. Prison, church, meals with friends, all make me uncomfortable. And as for a party, oh goodness me! I yearn to go and dread it in equal measure. (Okay make that 10:90.)

But I know isolation isn't healthy so I make myself be sociable and, guess what? I survive. I even enjoy myself.

But there's no getting away from it: I'm always glad to get home. Because my family don't scare me and I can relax.

P.S. I am worrying now that people will be offended but you shouldn't be. There is absolutely nothing directed at anyone in this post. It's simply a reflection of how any social situation makes me feel.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Why on earth would anyone be offended?
I like alone, but, um, not outside in the rain.
Sorry your DH is ill, they tend to get crabby then, or demanding, or whiny.

Liz Hinds said...

Yep, that's about it, Sharon - all three of those!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

When is husband going to doctor, for this man flu???????????

Flu is nothing "to sneeze at,' as the old saying goes.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

"P.S. I am worrying now that people will be offended but you shouldn't be. There is absolutely nothing directed at anyone in this post. It's simply a reflection of how any social situation makes me feel."

Luna Crone is now going to "holler" at you. Yes I am! >,-)))

Do not worry about people reading something offensive, into your words!!!! Your words define you. If they read something offensive, into them, that is THEIR problem.

So there!

Luna Crone sezzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

-grin-

Hugs...

nick said...

I know what you mean about most of your life being outside your comfort zone. As a naturally timid person, I have to psych myself up for all sorts of things. I envy those people who seem to have effortless social confidence.