Saturday, October 14, 2017

First annual Libraries Week

Flu jab this morning though it seems like it happened days ago. Last year I was invited in error and we had to think up an excuse so they could still do it - I was classed as a carer for looking after my grandchildren - but this year, as it's the year in which I will be sixty-five, I really am entitled to it. Surprisingly sharp needle.

Followed by a flying visit to Homebase to pick up some paint charts: we are about to redecorate our bedroom. Two things to note regarding that sentence: I say 'we' but I mean Husband although I make the important decisions like what colour; and the fact that having a colour chart doesn't necessarily mean the bedroom will get painted in the next few weeks or even this year. It's been on the autumn to-do list for a few years now.

From there to Sainsburys and to the - best bit - library. Today is the last day of Libraries Week and spotting a frame just begging to be used - even though it was partly hidden on a window sill behind a table - I took the opportunity.
first libraries week
I do love libraries. 

Home for lunch - yet more carrot and leek soup. Good news: there's only one bowlful left. Then off to Caswell to join Daughter and family on the beach. The tide was in so there wasn't much beach and what there was was highly populated both with people and jellyfish. 

Much discussion over what was what. I am fairly certain this isn't a Portuguese man o'war.

This on the other hand probably is although it's a lot smaller than I expected.

And this was a beautiful stone I found ... that GrandDaughter1 then buried never to be seen again. Stone not granddaughter.



7 comments:

Beside a babbling brook... said...

65!!!!????!!!!!

YOu are one good lookin' lady, for 65!!!!

Hugs,
Luna Crone

Sharon said...

I don't get a flu shot anymore. The one time I got the flu, it wasn't the one I got the shot for ...
Maybe it's a young Man O' War? It's pretty, so is the rock your granddaughter lost. Would have been a nice one to keep - polished or glazed.

Liz Hinds said...

aw, thank you, Luna!

It was a lovely rock, Sharon. I should have kept a better look out for where she was burying it. We did dig and get George to dig.

Debbie said...

i like the way you write - you have a great sense of humor!! i don't get the flu shot, personal reasons, and i always get the flu ;(

i hear you on the we...it always means the hubs on my blog too!!!

Liz Hinds said...

It's the royal 'we', Debbie, much like the Queen would use. And thank you!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

On 'flu jab day all my GP's aged and infirm patients form a huge queue that snakes round the block ... always makes me feel like a battery chicken for some reason . Still , anything is preferable to 'flu .

Jimmy said...

I never got the flu shot until my heart issues a few years back and it was almost mandatory for me to come home from the hospital, now my wife gives me no choice each year...this year we were scheduled to get them on the thirteenth, but on that day we all came down with a viral flu, I don't think I have gotten out of getting one, just have it postponed ha ha.

I am not an expert on jellyfish but thought your examples were pretty cool looking, however I could pick out the rock and am glad that you were talking about burying it rather than the granddaughter :-)

Thank you for your nice comment on my blog earlier today, I really enjoyed having you drop by, please come back again we have a few people you know over there already.