Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Invisible without the aid of a cloak

I was in the shower this morning and I'd just got nice and wet when I thought, 'Oh. Bother. That's not why I came upstairs. I didn't mean to shower.'

I was supposed to be getting dressed for exercise class hence no shower first.

So, anyway, during my second shower today I was thinking about being invisible.

At one point over the weekend I began to wonder if I had ceased to exist. Now it wasn't like the time I woke up and thought I was dead. I knew I wasn't dead as I had only recently spoken to someone and I think they would have noticed. 

This time I was in a room with a man and another woman. We all knew each other very slightly but the thing that made me doubt my ongoing existence was the fact that man only spoke to the other woman. 

You know if there are three of you the speaker usually looks from one to the other of his listeners (to make sure they're still awake?) Well, this man didn't look at me at all. Even when I tried to join in the conversation and said something.

Being ignored cartoon
At least I think I said something. Maybe I'd been temporarily absent from my body or my body was temporarily absent from my brain. That's not something that happens to me frequently incidentally, in spite of what Husband says about me never listening.

If that were the case I wish I'd known: I could have gone somewhere interesting, somewhere I'd have been appreciated.

No comments: