Monday, December 11, 2017

Releasing the inner blinger in me

I have only just - and belatedly - realised that having grandchildren gives me a good excuse to release my inner blinger.

So ... we took a trip to Homebase and B&Q today to stock up on Christmas lights and fal-de-rols. All in the best possible taste of course.

Miracle on 34th street
Meanwhile, making the most of my 'enforced rest' I have been watching Christmas films: Arthur Christmas, Dude, Where's My Donkey? and Miracle on 34th Street. You may find this hard to believe but I have never before seen Miracle on 34th, either version. Strangely enough Husband has - although I fear he may be a little confused as he swore it starred Richard Attenborough (it did) and was in black and white (it wasn't). I thoroughly enjoyed them all. 

Every year I buy the Radio Times and get excited about the films or programmes I want to watch - and end up watching very little because I'm just too busy. So I am enjoying this little break. (Operation Sausage update: getting better every day but still painful to do up trousers as I found when I went to B&Q.)

I also spent Sunday binge-watching the recent BBC dramatisation of Howard's End. What a strange story. I'm not surely I entirely approved of the transformation of Margaret. Maybe I was missing something. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watching a good movie can be quite relaxing! I'd much rather watch a movie at home then to be watching one in a theater.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Oh, I didn't mind Margaret but Mr. Wilcox was a pain in the neck.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I haven't seen it either = so NO I don't find it hard to believe.In fact I haven't watched any of those films , Last week I was at daughter in laws , and we did have a sofa afternoon , (she wasn't well) and we did watch some pretty Naff American Christmas films , she loves them - I thought one was ok. What are/is Fal-de-rols?