Sunday, December 03, 2017

Think of the Chinese

'Don't panic!' I said to myself as I tipped dirty water over a clean floor. 'Think of the Chinese.'

But why? Are the Chinese people particularly renowned for not panicking? Or is it a saying I have misremembered, misheard or made up myself?

By the time I had pondered these things I had cleaned up the mess without panicking. So it works. 

* * * * * * *
On a similar but slightly different topic, why is it that the cream I use to bleach my ... ahem ... 'facial hair' takes ten minutes to do an inefficient job on my face yet instantly bleaches the carpet?

1 comment:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

All families have odd phrases that have become embedded ... my aunts all say someone's 'haddy-looking' when he's a bit gormless , but why they say that someone dim looks like a smoked fish , Heaven knows.